Grasslands Premium Beef is produced from free-range cattle that have been raised on natural pastures where they are able to roam and graze in a stress free environment for their entire lives. The Grasslands Beef range is free from antibiotics and added hormones and is underpinned by the Meat Standards Australia (MSA) grading system to guarantee tender, juicy beef.
They’ve put together some fantastic recipes high in quality protein, perfect for post exercise meals that are healthy, simple and tasty.
Grilled Flank Steak with Herb Salsa
Time: 20 minutes
700 -800g Grasslands flank beef, cut into 2 large steaks
Salt and pepper
½ red onion, chopped
½ small clove garlic, grated
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp baby capers
2 tbsp Cornichons, chopped
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup Red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Garlic chives, chopped
1 tbsp Chives, chopped
1 tbsp Tarragon, chopped
1 tbsp Thyme, chopped
1. Rub a little olive oil and season each side of the steaks.
2. In a hot griddle pan, sear the steaks on each side, sealing in the juices. Cook to your liking. Rest the steaks for half the cooking time before serving.
3. To make the herb salsa, blend all of the ingredients.
4. Serve the rested steaks with the herb salsa and topped with some micro herbs.
Chilli & Chocolate Beef & Beans
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 red capsicum, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp. cumin, ground
2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. coriander, ground
1 red chilli, sliced finely
1 pinch cayenne pepper
500g Grasslands chuck steak, cut into 2-3cm cubes
1 x 400g can tomatoes, diced
250-500mL beef or vegetable stock
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 x 400g can black beans (or red kidney), drained
1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion to the pan, cook for 1-2 minutes, add garlic and capsicum, cook for 2-3mins.
2. Add in the cumin, paprika, coriander, chilli and cayenne pepper, stir well.
3. Add the beef into the pan and stir until coated with the spices.
4. Add tomatoes and enough stock to cover, cover and simmer for 20-30mins until beef is tender.
5. Add cacao and beans to the pan/pot and let cook for 5-10mins.
6. Stir through some natural yoghurt and coriander, and serve.
Where to get Grasslands?
Look out for their amazing range of steaks, burgers and mince at Woolworths.
Also check out their Facebook page here.