You’ve probably heard that magnesium is good for your body, particularly when are training hard but do you know why magnesium is considered such a magic mineral?
Magnesium is involved in over 300 essential biochemical reactions in the body including protein synthesis, testosterone production, maintaining healthy blood pressure, keeping bones strong and regulating the nervous system. In fact, just about every cell in your body needs magnesium to function.
Magnesium also plays a big role exercise performance and muscle recovery. Sweating through exercise leads to the natural depletion of electrolytes and trace minerals including magnesium in the body. By replenishing these nutrients lost during exercise, it can aid muscle recovery and negate the soreness or aches you may feel after an intensive workout. In fact, during exercise you may need 10–20% more magnesium (depending on the activity) than at rest, and without it your performance can be affected through muscle soreness and fatigue.
Magnesium is very useful post-workout where it helps to relax muscles and improve sleep quality as it is the flow of magnesium and calcium through the muscle cells that controls contraction and relaxation. Magnesium helps to calm the nervous system and regulate melatonin in the body, which guides your sleep-wake cycles.
Magnesium is found in many foods including whole grains, nuts, and green leafy vegetables. However, most of us don’t meet the recommended daily intake of 310mg – 420mg per day. This is where Bioglan Active Magnesium Powder can help.
Bioglan Active Magnesium Powder has been specially formulated to provide a high strength dose of elemental magnesium plus amino acids, zinc and B vitamins to help replenish key nutrients lost during exercise and revitalize the body so you can keep training at your peak. It includes:
- 300mg elemental magnesium as amino acid chelate and citrate, both forms that are easily absorbed and utilised by the body. Not only does magnesium aid in muscle recovery and repair but it can help to reduce the frequency of migraines, ease PMS symptoms and promote restful sleep.
- Amino acids taurine, glutamine and carnitine to support energy production and muscle recovery and repair
- Vitamins B3, B6 and B12 for energy production and help the body adapt to stress
- Zinc to support muscle strength and recovery and help maintain a healthy immune system
- Potassium to replace electrolytes lost during exercise and support muscle function
- Calcium to support strong bones
Bioglan Active Magnesium Powder is sugar free, colour free, with a natural orange flavour and can be mixed with water or juice. It’s the perfect addition to your daily training routine to help replenish key nutrients and optimise your recovery.
Bioglan Active Magnesium Powder is available from Chemist Warehouse and leading pharmacies nationally.
Bioglan Active Magnesium Cream has been formulated with high strength magnesium chloride plus cooling menthol to provide targeted relief to sore, aching muscles.